Summer work and what’s new in the lodge for 2016?
Thanks to the efforts of various tradesman, a small but hard working crew of members at working bees and also several visits by committee members, a great deal of improvement work has been completed at the lodge over this summer.
The new things you will notice in the lodge are:
· New ‘split’ beds in Room 8. These can be used separately as ¾ or full size singles or pushed together as Queen or King double beds. All beds have two storage drawers underneath.
· New boilers installed and entire hydronic heating flushed and upgraded. Drying room heater replaced and new heaters installed in the TV room, room 3 and the laundry.
· New 3 (or 4) door commercial refrigerator in kitchen 2 – old white refrigerator removed to cool room
· New filters in kitchen griddle fan unit
· New light fittings installed in Room 8
· Old steel storage cupboards removed from Laundry (paint now in services duct) and new shelving installed for cleaning products
· Lights installed in both stairwell with 2-way switches at top and bottom of stairs
· Stairwell Exit signs now permanently on
As well as the new items members also completed the following tasks at the two working bees:
· Removal of overhanging trees/branches from roadside and courtyard
· Stocktake of all cookware, cutlery, crockery and utensils completed and replacements purchased
· checked and cleaned all fans (toilets, showers and kitchen grill)
· checked and sorted all linen
· cleaned all interior windows
· checked all lights (LED lights installed in lounge, dining and TV room)
· checked all taps (sink and shower) and cisterns
· cleaned all fridges, hotplates and microwaves
· cleaned all walls in entry and hallway through to disabled toilet cleaned
· checked/sorted drying room and room coat hangers sorted (old/damaged ones discarded &replaced)
· sharpened all carving/cutting knives
· TV room sliding door -- lock repaired and ‘jamming’ problem fixed
· Tidy up painting done in disabled toilet, manager’s office, room 1 (shelf & mirror) and several other places
· Painting of walls from disabled toilet back to stairs and lower staircase brickwork
· Crockery cupboard light fitting removed (Ceiling to be patched, sanded back and painted)